PMOUNT Info

The place for suggestions more than one year old.
llauf
Player

PMOUNT Info

Post by llauf » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:12 pm

I was wondering if an imm or whoever could post the pmount options and prices? Or adding in to the ingame help would be even better.

Ertai
-=IMP=-

Re: PMOUNT Info

Post by Ertai » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:07 pm

Sorry about that, Llauf. I thought there was a helpfile, but once I can get to my computer (probably tonight) I will post whatever information I have and make up the rest on the spot (ya know, how I usually do things)

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

eRT
"What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal." @}~~ Albert Pike

llauf
Player

Post by llauf » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:10 am

Well there is a help file but its to vague unfotunately :( No info on the cost of effects, damage types etc. Thanks ahead of time though :)

Post by guest » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:14 am

Thus far, there has been no special effects or damage types added. If you have any suggestions as to what you would like, I will gladly set something up.
Once the game is back up, I'll try to look through and provide a few options that most people might not know about and you can help decide what would be worth including.
eRT
p.s. somehow I got logged off... strange

Emtae
Player

Post by Emtae » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:33 pm

Well, my Pmount has Flaming bite as attack, and it is a angelic Pmount (1000 alignment for those who don't know) The cost I was charged for a special attack was an additional 10k, but could obly make my mount 105 in level instead of 120. Thus, making its damage to someone weak against fire not so insanely harsh. The cost of a level past its starting level was 500 gold a level. Saddly, I wasn't givin the affect of fire barrier, as other mounts have been givin. The mounts short name, will be Pmount, the name of the Pmount and/or its class. Example would be, Eleazar, the dragon. If attacked, one could use the attacks, Kill Dragon, Eleazar, Pmount.

My question on mounts is this. Durring the update, will only Paladins and Crusaders get the ability to have a mount fight in combat, seeing as they both have mount and weapon style. And people who don't have the Mount and weapon style lose the ability to have a mount fight with them, but be able to mount them still for the extra damage and movement boost? Keeping trample and any other boosts to a crusader is fine, but taking away the ability to fight with a mount when you have mount and weapon style loses a lot of special bonus. It wouldn't even be worth fighting on a Mount as a paladin, seeing as they are losing their added attacks, and acrobatics. Just Wondering.

Emtae
Like the moon over the day, my genius and brawn are lost on these fools.

Ertai
-=IMP=-

Post by Ertai » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:49 am

First off, whomever did your mount had a few issues. Level 105 is the max I've let people have on a pmount ever (if someone has this I will gladly compensate for any previous extra levels you have bought). If you have an extra spell or would like to change one of the current ones for fire barrier, either note me or pm me and I'll try to fix that up as soon as possible. And I was unaware that people were getting special damage types, but I will set up a list of prices for that since it has been offered and requested. So look for that in the next few days *crosses fingers he gets to his computer again before then*

As far as crusader vs paladin, the skill mount and weapon style shouldn't be making the mount assist you. It should give you the ability to hit something while riding. Therefore, hypothetically lets say you're neither a crusader nor a paladin. If mounted, you'll get the extra damage boost, but you will only have a 60% chance to hit. As a paladin, you'll have the damage boost AND a 90% chance to hit. As a crusader (a specialized paladin), you would have the damage boost, the 90% chance to hit, and have the mount assist you. This means that if you want your mount to assist you, you should go/have gone crusader. Trample (the crusaders other mount-involved ability) doesn't seem to be even as good as circle in most scenerios. If paladins were able to get mounts to attack with them, crusaders would have next to no usefullness simply because their only selling point would be holy sword and holy shield (both of which I'm sure you have 50 scrolls of each).

eRT
"What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal." @}~~ Albert Pike

llauf
Player

Post by llauf » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:29 pm

Ah thanks for the response Ertai, I love it when the imms tell us mere mortals how things work. If any of you would be so kind as telling us some more formulas and such, im sure it appease the anal bastards among us. One I have been wondering about is just how the armor class system works as I have had a hard time testing that with the randomness of damage. Looking forward to the pmount info though , thanks. :)