Spell suggestions

The place for suggestions more than one year old.
Ithilidin
Player

Spell suggestions

Post by Ithilidin » Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:45 pm

Right now, we have an abundance of spells, but it is overloaded to one side. This thread will deal with just offensive spells, as, for now, I think that there are enough defensive and general purpose spells. When thinking of a spell, take into consideration the below list and design a spell around it, especially the obscure ones.

magic
fire
cold
light
lightning
acid
poison
negative
holy
energy
mental
disease
water
sound
earth

Holy:
Faithful's Bolt - This spell allows the caster to send forth a bolt of holy energy from their god towards their enemy. It is most affective against those of opposite alignment of the chosen's god, sometimes causing blindness or a curse.

Causes 100-150 holy damage, raw. 5% chance to blind, 5% chance to curse. 10% extra damage vs opposite alignment (good vs evil, neutral gains no bonus). 10% extra damage and chance to blind and curse vs undead.

Sound:
Bean Sidhe Wail - Summoning the wail of the sorrowful spirits known as bean sidhes, the caster sends a shockwave of sound at their enemy. Not only is it devastatingly painful to hear, it has been known to also cause momentary paralyzation.

Causes 200-300 sound damage, raw. 5% chance of causing three seconds of paralyzation.

Light:
Sunflare - Drawing from the light of the sun and redirecting it, the caster creates an intense beam of light directed at a single opponent. Even while blind, this spell causes such intense illumination that it still causes excruciating pain.

Causes 150-300 light damage, raw, 10% chance of causing blindness.
A line runs separating light from dark.
Another runs separating fantasy from reality.
It is where these two lines cross that I stand.
(/|)
Tá tír na n-óg ar chulan tí-tír álainn trina chéile.

Ithilidin
Player

Re: Spell suggestions

Post by Ithilidin » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:14 pm

another message to bump
A line runs separating light from dark.
Another runs separating fantasy from reality.
It is where these two lines cross that I stand.
(/|)
Tá tír na n-óg ar chulan tí-tír álainn trina chéile.