New Channel Idea

The place for suggestions more than one year old.
Ardghal
Player

New Channel Idea

Post by Ardghal » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:25 am

How about a TV/MOVIE channel? We've got Music. And TV & Movies are definitely interests of players. A special channel for talking about TV shows and Movies, quoting them etc, would be nifty. Personally I think music channel should be used for discussing music as WELL as singing. How about that?
Inconceivable!

Ardghal
Player

Re: New Channel Idea

Post by Ardghal » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:36 am

also maybe include video games and stuff like that...

maybe call it a media channel? or something.
Inconceivable!

Nopraptor
Player

Re: New Channel Idea

Post by Nopraptor » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:44 pm

The purpose of a specific channel is to provide a means of communication for a topic or theme that is either inappropriate for a different channel, or can be misconstrued on a different channel. The OOC channel is more than sufficient for most non-game related subjects and has worked for years as such. While I've said the music channel and soon-to-be quote channel could be combined into one channel, they both have their own unique value and have been used frequently and appropriately in the past. I don't see a movie/tv/game or entertainment channel being used in place of OOC, and I can't realistically see another channel being implemented at this point anyway. Although I'm quite fond of discussing any of the above mentioned topics, there are already various places to talk about them. Let's not forget about Chat.