WHAT NEXT?!!?!

The place for suggestions more than one year old.

What would you like to see implemented the most?

Poll ended at Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:21 pm

Expanded auction system (queue, etc.)
No votes
True multiclassing (pick whatever sequence of classes you want, no mage/cleric/thief/warr restrictions)
21%
New remort race abilities (take a peep at the adjustments/remort board)
36%
Herbalism (no, not lame herbalism that just duplicates current spells, it will actually be pretty sweet)
7%
Deities and church shrines (be blessed by thy god(ess) if you are in his/her favour)
21%
Special equipment (EQ that repops semi-randomly (not regularly like now) on NPCs, think Diablo II)
No votes
Weed smokin' (yes, this was implemented and lost, but I can resurrect it!)
14%

Total votes: 14

Syn
-=IMP=-

WHAT NEXT?!!?!

Post by Syn » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:21 pm

Ok guys and gals. Hopefully this will be much more straightforward than the last poll.

I need a new project, what would you want to see implemented next?
Just looking for a majority vote but discussion is welcome. 8)

On the new release, if whisp ever finishes prepping our code, we'll have boats, wars, trade, and invasions. ASAP I am starting a new system which will expand our questing abilities much more, but I'm looking to add something else to the scene...

Note that this doesn't apply to bugs or minor adjustments, just new ideas. "Fixing up shitty classes" isn't on there because I'm doing it anyway 8).

A note: if you arn't sure what one of the choices means, or what something else means, please do feel free to reply with a question or send me an e-mail at antwizzle@gmail.com. I will be happy to use my semi broken English to explain it to you.

A tacked-on edit: this one situation is truly a democratic question. Whatever you guys choose (off the list) will be implemented: I would love to implement any of these, and in fact all of them, but need to do them one at a time, so you guys pick.

I'll leave this poll running for a few weeks or so; after the update, I'll focus on fixing first, then adding, as to have a good base for additions we should have more balanced classes, etc... all will come in due time 8)
Last edited by Syn on Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nibelung
Immortal

Re: WHAT NEXT?!!?!

Post by Nibelung » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:00 pm

Ok, the herbalism and weed smoking could be combined as different facets of a slightly larger package. On the mud Aetolia, druids could dry out various herbs so they could be smoked, and some MUST be smoked to receive whatever benefits they provided. Soooo, perhaps have various ways in which an herb may be (or must be) utilized...

Let's expand that a bit shall we? Brewing: the boring and rather impossible task of taking a vial and MAGICALLY producing a potion that could do a set of spells? Pffft... How about require SOME herbs and whatnot to make potions? Yeah yeah... you'd say the same thing about this as was said about reagents. Well, the cache idea I posted could be used to house herbs as well.

How about some herbs must be steeped to extract their properties... like with tea leaves. Drinkable "potions". Or, some herbs by themselves are inert unless combined with others into a salve or ointment, which could be applied, akin to the idea I gave about the berries in the sith toxin topic.

And the smoking thing could open up some things like opiates and whatnot, which technically could fall under the HERBS class of items. I remember a plant weed on the same mud whereby smoking it produced a series of big ass ascii smiley faces that kept appearing for a few minutes while you were high. It was fun. We could have hallucinative drugs, sedatives, stimulants, etc. You name it!

llauf
Player

Post by llauf » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:26 am

Ok, dont want to start any crap with this but what about giving monks
scribe and witches brew? I think these seem quite in character myself.If we are going to expand herbs, brewing and such itd be nice to be able to pick one of these so called pk classes and have something to do without having to go full fledged alchemist.

As for the multiclasses freely, I personaly hate the idea. I am assuming your not going to let good pick an evil class and vice versa? That'd be pretty lame IMO.

Im liking the dieties ideas though. We should come up with some and for an appropriate cost the church can purchase an altar for the chosen deity. Then with the altar we can have worshiping in some form. Say relic like affects or something. Perhaps weekly sacrifices of cows to appease them!

Giving the proposed remort abilities and fixing the bugs with some is going to be at the top of my list though. Im extremely pumped for the update though! TY

Angrothy
Player

Post by Angrothy » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:36 am

I chose new remort abilities because quite frankly, i dont feel much different than when i was a mortal. The only spells i even use are healing aura and cog. I would like to see some of those ideas that were brought up on the thread we had going about 6 months ago for each race..

http://sentience.sanc-roleplay.org/modu ... opic&t=298

i believe this one was the link to the good ideas about remort races, theres a bunch of things Syn listed there that sound like they could bring more to the game.

I also like the idea of "True Multiclassing" it would bring a bit more diversity to the game i think. Honestly if i an elf wants to be a paladin and a necromancer, i dont think they should have any problem doing that. I wouldnt mind seeing a set of new classes for each class type as well.

Edit by Luk to remove the doublepost.

Ithilidin
Player

Post by Ithilidin » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:46 pm

Personally, I went with opening up the classes. The basics need to be worked on first before new things should be added, like herbalism or remort things, in my opinion. It would be nice, don't get me wrong, but in the long run, would have too many end points to try to try to balance. Where do you start, where do you end and did you get the right one for each class/race?
A line runs separating light from dark.
Another runs separating fantasy from reality.
It is where these two lines cross that I stand.
(/|)
Tá tír na n-óg ar chulan tí-tír álainn trina chéile.

llauf
Player

Post by llauf » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:44 pm

What Ith said is excactly how I'm feeling. It may be a little boring but balancing the problems with races, and expanding the classes would make me happier in the long run.

Syn
-=IMP=-

Post by Syn » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:38 pm

This reply is a shameless plug for attention 8)

Ardghal
Player

Post by Ardghal » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:04 am

Getting everything that's already in the game fixed is most important. New crap can wait really. Being bored stinks, but things breaking is even worse. At least if we're bored we can still chat it up or go packrat stuff or something. If it's crashing constantly we can't do jack. So I say encourage more usage of the testport, and work harder on bugs that exist wiht already existing stuff.

That's my serious input.

Might have said this already but I'll say it again anyway. Serious RP should be more encouraged. I know about 85% of the game will throw stones at me for suggesting it but RP is really fun if you get into it. And I don't mean that RP where you go "Well my char likes to kill people LOLZ" or "My char is a jerk" all that crap... I mean stuff like acting like a person of your race in that setting would act. Speaking like them too. I don't necessarily mean "thee and thou" etc... But maybe discourage "OMG!" and "Motherfucker" and "Ownage" and ":D" etc in says or something. I dunno. Just ranting mostly.

BUT... I'm not suggesting any REQUIRED RP, where you would miss out on stuff for not being RP.
Someone help me out here? I have no idea what else to put.
Inconceivable!

Syn
-=IMP=-

Post by Syn » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:18 pm

Cheap bid for mortal attention.

Pravus
Player

Post by Pravus » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:57 pm

My votes go for new remort racial abilities, Deities/Shrines, and special EQ as top priority. As second priority, the weed smoking and herbalism sound like a couple of fun things to experiment with. Ith's point on trying to balance the game with layers and layers of new stuff added is a very important one, though. It was pretty hard to choose my favorite things since all the stuff in the list would do a great job rounding out the game.

I also think adding some roleplaying elements into the game would be tremendiously cool. One idea I had for that is give each player a short description and a matching long description for each mortal class they earn, and 2 more short/matching long descs for each remort class they gain. These descriptions would be what we would see with players in a room instead of their name and title. Then add a command to "remember" players' names, and once you have met a character and they have given you their name, you would see their name and title or name and short desc upon entering a room with them present. Short/long player descriptions would probably have to be individually approved by the Immortals, and perhaps allow players to buy a wardrobe or dresser that would allow them to switch their current appearance at their residence. A hint of race could be required on warrior/cleric/mage descriptions, since each Sentience race would create very different images of each archetype. This would also allow the use of a racial keyword to look/interact with someone, and other keywords could be gathered from good descriptions/preset ones determined by the IMP staff.
Understanding requires not just a moment of perception, but a continuous awareness, a continuous state of inquiry without conclusion.

Mythology
Player

Post by Mythology » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:46 pm

I don't quite like the idea of all the different descriptions on a player. The entire point of having their name and title is so you know who is there. Having to be introduced to a char is too much added RP and would draw a lot of attention away from the game.

However, giving a player the ability to obtain a title or rank (Lord Syn <insert title here> is here. for example) would be quite entertaining.

I could see Emperor Ithilidin as well, as it's one of his many given titles.
-Mythology, the Anonymous Anarchist

DrunkenMaster

Post by DrunkenMaster » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:57 am

Medium-Rare Mythology the 100% Angus Beefman is here?

Emtae
Player

Post by Emtae » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:22 pm

Well, adding The title thing, like Lord, Emp, master, what ever, would be cool. I am not sure how this is working out. I would like the change the who list, instead of saying Warlord, or Sage, have it say something a player picks (immortal concent). 120 remort though. Just a thought.

Emtae

Nibelung
Immortal

Post by Nibelung » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:16 am

Mythology wrote:I don't quite like the idea of all the different descriptions on a player. The entire point of having their name and title is so you know who is there. Having to be introduced to a char is too much added RP and would draw a lot of attention away from the game.
Draw attention away from the game? I don't like the idea really, that you know who someone is without ever meeting or seeing them before! I should be able to give a false name, and, unless you know my real name, would believe that to be my name. Of course, it would be a FUN time trying to target me if you see me under a false name, but that's different issue. And too much added RP? We *NEED* RP! There's absolutely none, and this would not be too much at all, since you can just give your real name and be done with your identity. A small element of enforced RP shouldn't be scoffed at.

Ok, I'm done.

Mythology
Player

Post by Mythology » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:35 pm

i don't disagree with some levels of enforced rp, but a char's name is what makes them who they are. if someone wants to go around using a fake name, if you target that name, you should target that person since its the person you're targeting, not their nam (I will attack everyone by the name of bob! is your name bob?)

I'd say leave the name thing alone, but in some sense we do need some RP aspect.
-Mythology, the Anonymous Anarchist