Raise Dead

The place for suggestions more than one year old.
Ardghal
Player

Raise Dead

Post by Ardghal » Sun May 08, 2005 5:20 am

Since raise dead gives you a virtual zot now, perhaps the mana cost be be downed a bit? Just something to think about.
Inconceivable!

RedRaven
Player

Re: Raise Dead

Post by RedRaven » Tue May 10, 2005 4:30 am

It doesnt zot u if the target is a churchie. This was added to raise dead and resurrect to prevent spam, kill/raise/kill/raise etc. if i remember correctly
Da Birdman of Sentience

Mythology
Player

Post by Mythology » Tue May 10, 2005 6:57 am

Correct. The zot prevented people from raising dead/killing someone in pk. We did that to Arkain a few times.
-Mythology, the Anonymous Anarchist

ChaosAngel
Player

Post by ChaosAngel » Tue May 10, 2005 8:10 am

for those of us who AREN'T evil PK Bastardos (She says in luv) and better still those of us with Helper flags..wouldn't it be nice not to get knocked on our asses when trying to help by Resurecting lil ones that die so frequently? hmmmmmmmmmm?

I know! how about when somebunny abuses it they get spanked! *grins* or NOT spanked...depending on the player...and not punish those of us who never Would nor Do abuse Res...*end of sermon Bows with flourish*

RedRaven
Player

Post by RedRaven » Tue May 10, 2005 3:23 pm

Maybe a special Helper restone command, that would restore one person. But that would have to be monitored for abuse as well dear. Not all who have the H are as honorable as you. (IMHO) Though most are.
Da Birdman of Sentience

Ardghal
Player

Post by Ardghal » Wed May 11, 2005 9:47 pm

how about this? many are gonna think i'm walking in dangerous territory here but...

how about something for raise dead that only lets you cast it so often. Like if you use it, you're fine, but you can't use it again for another so many minutes. HOWEVER that doesn't mean no penalty. Maybe instead of the veritable zot, how about a halving instead? PLUS like I said, I think 1000 mana is a bit much... I don't even have that much MAX mana yet... and i'm third class. Makes it kinda useless atm... But no, this isn't about me it's about all who have it. It's no big deal though
Inconceivable!

Mythology
Player

Post by Mythology » Thu May 12, 2005 7:18 pm

I would say drop the mana cost of Raise Dead down to 500 mana, and have it zot the player who's casting it's mana only instead. One tick sleeping on a bedroll will fix the mana problem for most people, and will still prevent players from doing it over and over again. However, I also think that it should be implemented that when somebody is res'ed from the dead, they are immune from attack for 15 seconds unless they initiate combat first. Only having the caster's mana zapped would prevent the person being res'ed from killing them as soon as they repop, while giving the person res'ed an immunity for 15 seconds would give them an opportunity to get away without getting killed by the person who res'ed them.
-Mythology, the Anonymous Anarchist

ChaosAngel
Player

Post by ChaosAngel » Fri May 13, 2005 7:58 am

Myth you're a genius!
*esquishes*
All that cute AND a good brain..who knew that was possible?
*grins and sprints for nearest Safe room*

Ardghal
Player

Post by Ardghal » Sat May 14, 2005 9:43 am

I think this would provide a FINE solution. Good work
Inconceivable!