new race ideas

The place for suggestions more than one year old.
maliceotaku
Player

new race ideas

Post by maliceotaku » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:08 am

I've seen a few posts for new race ideas so I thought I would make a post dedicated to new races. Not to mention to throw my 2 cents worth in from time to time.

Machina

Machine race of unknown origin...

Affects:infared
Skills: Cannon (Laser, Blast, ECT..), Mag Cannon (big ass laser, Ect...)
Speical Ablities:
Immune: Posion, Fire, diesese
Resistant: Cold, Slashing
Vunerable: Lightning, Pierce
Str 23 Int 18 Wis 23 Dex 16 Con 23

Max health 3500 Max mana 2500 Max move 3000

Cannon= Basicaly it's magic missle with the mana cost and the whole bit. It's just a non-elemental blast
Mag Cannon= is the same as above only 3xMana and a move cost of 10=20. Is an area affect like Breath weapons

The other idea I had is...

Gargoyle

Affects: Stone Skin, Fly
Skills: Sneak, Hide, Regeneration, Temperance
Speical Ablities: No need for water
Immune: Diease, posion
Resistant: Pierce, Slash
Vuneralblies: Bash, Sun, light, holy
Str 22 Int 18 Wis 20 Dex 16 Con 24

Max Health 3600 Max mana 3000 Max move 2400

Sun damage= does no damage but instead takes move. when move falls to 0 then the Gargoyle falls asleep. The Gargoyle remains asleep for 2-3 ticks. Then again it could be left just like the Vampire version.

These 2 races could be any alinment depending on how they were written up for a back story. ie Gargoyles protect the cities at night and during the day they sleep (good)

I hope you guys like these ideas, i'll more than likely write more when i think of them.

Thanks
Crawley

Emtae
Player

Re: new race ideas

Post by Emtae » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:20 pm

the gargoyle idea seems kinda cool actually

Emtae

maliceotaku
Player

Post by maliceotaku » Sun May 01, 2005 6:17 am

Here is another race idea.

War-kin

The War-kin are a race of mantis people. They average to be 7 feet tall. They have four arms which makes them very fierce in combat. They are natural preataors and hunters. They still retain thier insect head and the claws of a Mantis.

Affects:
Skills: Hunt, Sneak, 2 weapon and shield style, dual wield, consume, rend
Special Ablities: Blend
Immune:
Resistant: Bash, posion, blind (hundreds of eyes)
Vunerable: Pierce, cold
Str 19 Int 16 Wis 18 Dex 22 Con 22

Max hp 3200 Max mana 2800 max move 3000

Rend-as per the lich
Consume-as per the Vampire
Blend- based on level- acts as a hide, only it is always on (the same rules for hide apply, ie moveing negates)

War-kin Remort
Shi-kin

The Shi-kin are the leaders of the kin. Shi-kin are a cross between matis's and beatles. They retain the matis apperaance but have the shell of a beatle.
The Shi-kin gain the skills claw attack, arm blades and bite

Bite-as per the Vampire skill
Arm Blades- The Shi-kin's arms are covered in spikes and small blades. When attacking with or without a weapon there is a chance that the blades will hit when an attack is landed. increasing the damapge done by 10% (akin to the slayer's holy wrath skill)
Claw Attack- Increases the Shi-kin's unarmed damage (or maybe another attack skill like kick or bash)

baelwolf
Player

Post by baelwolf » Sun May 01, 2005 9:26 pm

[fade]Yeah, I like that one.... That's pretty cool[/fade]--- hey, lets pump this guy for more info :twisted: ... hehe

--j/k

Nibelung
Immortal

Post by Nibelung » Sun May 01, 2005 11:00 pm

They have four arms which makes them very fierce in combat.
Well, four arms would throw a major kink into the already chaotic mess that is being balanced. We're still trying to fix combat with TWO hands. :P

If this is made in this period of time, those two extra hands would have to be h2h only, unable to wield anything or allow for just the shield+dual-wield style. But in reality, two extra hands would be severely limited. Any chance they will be able to use anything in the current state of affairs with the existing combat system is slim.

Perhaps they could be the large mantis claws and used for a special attack (if empty). Maybe they could be used for a form of catch/grab that could actually damage the weapon, even snap it if it's weak or made of flimsy stuff compared to the player's level.

llauf
Player

Post by llauf » Sun May 01, 2005 11:30 pm

Yeah, the current races really need to be balanced before introducing any new ones IMHO, and the remort races need something besides a name change.

maliceotaku
Player

Post by maliceotaku » Mon May 02, 2005 2:22 am

i guess i need to clarify the idea for the 4 arms.I thought of it like the titan's extra attack, or the Elf's racial haste. It was only intended as that, an extra attack. Maybe get rid of the 2 weapon sheild fighting skill. The extra arms are useable to help weild a weapon, but are misshapen so much that they can't wear eq (ie bracers, gloves, arm armor). hope that clears up a few problems with the race. Also guy's post idea's about races. To be honest, i dought anything that is posted here will ever see the light of day in the game. but I just like makeing races, ask dark, i do this all the time in our d&d game.

RedRaven
Player

Post by RedRaven » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:10 pm

Da Birdman of Sentience