Formal Church Alliances

The place for suggestions more than one year old.
RedRaven
Player

Formal Church Alliances

Post by RedRaven » Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:46 am

Ok for this example I will use Freaky founder of church 23 The Fudgepackers and Sillyelf founder of church 27 The SlapHappys.

To formally ally the churches Freaky and Sillyelf meet at church office:
Freaky types church ally 27.
Sillyelf gets a message : Freaky proposes an alliance between The Fudgepackers and the SlapHappys
Do you accept?
A no from Sillyelf and no point in the meeting :)
A yes and all members of both churches that are on get a msg:
The Fudpackers and SlapHappys are now in alliance.

Up to the leaders to note their respective churches to make sure those that are not logged at the time get the msg.

Benifits of Formal Alliance:

An AllianceTalk channel (abbrevieated AT) seen/heard by all members of both churches for inter-church talking.

If both churches Evil or both good then both churches get additional xp bonus vs opposite align,, no evil - good allliances allowed only evil - evil, good- good, evil- neut , good-neut or neut - neut

Use of each others hall as an additional recall:
This would have to be discussed and decided on costs etc. but what I was thinking.
command syntax church goally
This command would take you to the recall room of ally's hall AND deduct dp (was thinking 5K but up to discussion) from personal account (not churches) and maybe even deposit a percentage into the ally's account.
Subject to cross-zone rules and any cost would be in addition to normal cross-zone cost.
As allowing another churches members into your hall could be risky this would limit the arrangement to true trust between the founders.

Also maybe for a cost to be decided a portal from 1 hall to the other could be set up in the respective treasure rooms of the halls.

Ok now Freaky and Sillyelf decide they dont want this arrangement anymore.

Two ways to end it.
!) Only Freaky wants out. Freaky goes to church office types
church ally end
Freaky gets a msg: This will cost Fudgepackers x pneuma and y dp areyou sure you want to do this?
No and the alliance holds, Yes and the appropriate pneuma and dp are deducted from the account of the Fudgepackers.

2) Mutual breakup. Freaky and Sillyelf meet at church office.
Freaky types church ally dissolve
Sillyelf gets a msg: Freaky has asked for the dissolving of the alliance between Fudgepackers and Slaphappys do you agree?
Sillyellf types no, and Freaky still has the option to church ally end
Sillyelf types yes and alliance is broken no cost to either church.
AT channel is turned off, ally gohall stopped and portals in treasure room dissolve(if applicable)

Some limitations:
1) already mentiioned no evil-good alliance allowed.
2) only one such alliance for any given church at any time.\

Keep in mind just Initial ideas on benefits etc.. so lets hear your comments!!
Da Birdman of Sentience

Mythology
Player

Re: Formal Church Alliances

Post by Mythology » Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:44 pm

I like the idea of formal alliances, but I do not like the idea of using eachothers halls. As for AT (ally-talk), like if it were churches 3 and 8 allied, a member of church 3 wants to talk to church 8, they would type "at 8 hello" and it would ally talk to church 8. Maybe not exactly this, but something similar. reason being: if cop is allied with minions and indil, but indil and minions hate eachother and are not allied, how do i choose who i am talking to?

Also, an ally where command. This does NOT tell you the room they are in, only the area.

Redraven is in Dungeon Mystica.

Etc.

If one member wants to leave the alliance, they should be able to do so without penalty.
-Mythology, the Anonymous Anarchist

RedRaven
Player

Post by RedRaven » Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:51 pm

Mythology wrote: As for AT (ally-talk), like if it were churches 3 and 8 allied, a member of church 3 wants to talk to church 8, they would type "at 8 hello" and it would ally talk to church 8. Maybe not exactly this, but something similar. reason being: if cop is allied with minions and indil, but indil and minions hate eachother and are not allied, how do i choose who i am talking to?
Well I did say only one formal alliance of this type allowed at a time. hence no need for directing AT to a specific ally. But if was allowed for more than one then nod, that would be a good way to handle that.

As for the penalty for leaving without mutual, was just a way to cut down on possible abuses' But what ever the imms would decide on that, was modeled after the church quit vs church del thing.

On the halls also, again just a suggestion and like I mentioned, why this would only be done with the most trusted of allies.
Da Birdman of Sentience

RedRaven
Player

Post by RedRaven » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:03 pm

just wanted to post to bring this to surface again. Maybe could be added in the new features. Thanx for looking.
Da Birdman of Sentience