More random eq

The place for suggestions more than one year old.
Syn
-=IMP=-

More random eq

Post by Syn » Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:10 pm

me and ertai were thinking over this: making certain items not for use on pre-specified mobs, but that respawn randomly throughout the world on mobs according to what level the mob is, how likely that mob type would be to have such an item, etc.

This way youll get a little bit every once in a while if you get lucky when leveling. It might help leveling a little breaking up the boredom if you get something cool once in a while.

My other possible idea for this was to have the items designated for random respawn evolve as time goes on so that we don't have to keep making new items. ie every time a certain item respawns the item template it has a random chance of gaining a random affect, losing an affect, or modifying a current affect. The complexity that can be generated with just a few random rules is really quite cool... this will also allow for a lot more diversity in item types.

Obviousl the random items will have to be handled differently for this sort of behaviour.

I'm just posting this up as a reminder to myself later to add it in and to see if anyone has any thoughts , if anyone feels like throwing in any idea s feel free :)

RedRaven
Player

Re: More random eq

Post by RedRaven » Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:32 pm

I like that ideal, sounds kewl.
Da Birdman of Sentience

RedRaven
Player

Re: More random eq

Post by RedRaven » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:09 pm

I really like, don't know if included in update, but looky here
Da Birdman of Sentience