Remort Only Island :)

The place for suggestions more than one year old.
Gza
Player

Remort Only Island :)

Post by Gza » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:22 am

Yay I can post again. Anyway here is my idea.

Was thinking that since remorts really have no place to level that will give them some extra experience other then the same old spots they had to deal with as a mort, why not give them there own island.

What I will briefly discuss in no particular order:
Towns
Dungeon/Tower
Quest Master

Towns

The island could contain 3 towns which would be alignment based or since there are talks of changing our alignment system, racial based. I will give it to you as the alignment system stands now. Personally the race based might be better seeming as how neutral races not being able to enter good or evil towns might not make to much sense since they are neutral.

There could be a town for good, neutral, and evil races. Only the good could enter the good town, evil only the evil, neutral only the neutral. If you were a good/neutral race and decided to venture into the evil town you would get attacked by the town guards. If you did this alone you would get obliterated by them. Perhaps to encourage formations when everything is fixed the guards could be so powerful you need a form of at least 4+ remorted 4 classes to get into the town surviving the guards. Should you however kill the all the guards you still would not be able to purchase anything in the opposite aligned towns and the rest of the towns guards would eventually find you. Hopefully they don't decide to form and find you ;)

Each town could have there own unique equipment and shops for each alignment in it and mobs to fight and kill for better experience being remorted and all. The town could be strictly for first class remort leveling kind of like plith and the goblin fort is for morts. Obviously there would be some bigger mobs for the higher classers to fight in town but not a lot.

Dungeon/Tower

Aside from the towns you could throw in a nice tall tower that also has a dungeon beneath. These two areas would work like so: The higher in the tower you go the harder it is. The lower in the dungeon you go, the harder it is (Similar to POA)

This could present a new place to explore and level for remorts other then the normal spots that most of us are tired of and drained from going to over and over and over again. These areas could have new equipment and weapons from special mobs that remorts only could wield and use to set there power aside from morts there level. No more 120 morts beating 120 remorts in arena without some serious painstaking effort on the morts part. After all remorting is supposed to set you aside from the morts right? A 120 mort could still beat up on lower leveled remorts though.

Anyway this tower and dungeon could possibly contain some "super-mobs" that require forming with other players to kill. These mobs could lead to new, very powerful remort weapons and armor but make them rare drops so not every remort can log in one day and decide to all go get each other every piece of new equipment there is and then be done with it. 4th classers would then not be SO bored and have something to go do and try go get. Once again teamwork could come into play with formations.

Some fun could also be added to the very highest levels and lowest of the tower and dungeon. A bunch of NPK and possibly some CPK thrown in there with these mobs. Get people slaughtering each other again when we get the player base up....hopefully. ;)

Quest Master

I am sure you have been wondering well does that mean I need to make a new character in order to be able to visit the opposite alignment/race based towns. No. Aside from these towns and the dungeon/tower I think you could put a castle or even a 4th city but smaller, maybe an outpost where there is a quest master.

The quest master would obviously have some new and improved quest items for our remorted players and hand out harder and longer quests then you would get from the regular questmasters.

This quest master would also have the ability to grant races access, yet briefly, to the opposing alignments towns. If a quest would require a neutral or evil race to venture into the good town then the quest master would issue the player a Town Pass. You probably won't be met with open arms in the town but hey at least the guards won't attack you and you can visit shops and at least SEE what they have to offer. Don't lose your pass though because the second you drop it, the town guards are comin for you. They won't attack you if you lose your pass on a quest, just hurl you out the town gates. They know the quest master sent you to complete a task but its not their fault you got careless and lost his pass after his warnings. If you try to get back into the town you'll be met as if you were not on a quest and guards would attack. This pass would obviously dissapear at the end of the quest or if time runs out.

I am not too good at thinkin up ideas but figured I would post this here anyway. If anyone has anything to add to this please post it. Maybe we can have an area for remorted players to venture to and have some fun in. I've talked to a lot of players and sitting around as a 120 remort doesn't really make them thrilled to death :)
Gza - SoldieR IN LifE