Lockers

The place for suggestions more than one year old.
Tieryo
Immortal

Lockers

Post by Tieryo » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:46 pm

Of late, we've been planning some changes to the locker system, which will be posted here for player input and suggestions before we add the new code for them.

Lockers will be changed to using a credit system. You deposit x amount of gold and your rental fee is automatically deducted from that each month. Based on how many item slots your locker has, this fee will be different.

Code: Select all

locker deposit <gold amount>

locker withdraw <gold amount>
Locker rent will be changed to a new syntax.

locker rent <# of slots>
This will let you select the number of slots you want your locker to have. Note that you must have enough on-hand to cover the first month's rent.

You may change the number of slots in your locker, with locker upgrade/downgrade. You must have enough in your locker credit to cover the new monthly charge. (If you have 10 slots, 1k/month and decided you wanted 15 slots, 1.5k/month, you would need to have 1.5k in your locker credit before upgrading to 15 slots).
Syntax:

locker upgrade slots <#>

locker downgrade slots <#>
With these changes, we would like to add more options for locker upgrades, though we need player input on this.
"The pig go. Go is to the fountain. The pig put foot. Grunt. Foot in what? ketchup. The dove fly. Fly is in sky. The dove drop something. The something on the pig. The pig disgusting. The pig rattle. Rattle with dove. The dove angry. The pig leave. The dove produce. Produce is chicken wing. With wing bark. No Quack."

Angroth
Player

Re: Lockers

Post by Angroth » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:48 pm

I like these ideas a lot. Will there be a limit on the number of slots a player can rent? If this is say a credit system, if we don't have enough money in the account to keep it open will it deduct beyond the limit and give us a warning to pay it up within a # of days/weeks, ect or just temporarily disable it till it is payed off? And for those of us who have our lockers payed off until the end of the next century, will we be refunded the 5k per month or will we have a 50 slot locker?
I think that pretty well covers what I want to know, thanks

Angroth

Tieryo
Immortal

Post by Tieryo » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:53 pm

I like these ideas a lot. Will there be a limit on the number of slots a player can rent?

We haven't decided on a limit yet, but we'll try to find something reasonable.
If this is say a credit system, if we don't have enough money in the account to keep it open will it deduct beyond the limit and give us a warning to pay it up within a # of days/weeks, ect or just temporarily disable it till it is payed off?

Right now, we're likely going to have it just disabled until you're current on it, but a warning is quite a good idea.
And for those of us who have our lockers payed off until the end of the next century, will we be refunded the 5k per month or will we have a 50 slot locker?

We'll be making all out-of-date lockers current when we implement this, and each month over will amount to 5k in your locker credit.
"The pig go. Go is to the fountain. The pig put foot. Grunt. Foot in what? ketchup. The dove fly. Fly is in sky. The dove drop something. The something on the pig. The pig disgusting. The pig rattle. Rattle with dove. The dove angry. The pig leave. The dove produce. Produce is chicken wing. With wing bark. No Quack."

Redravenguest

Post by Redravenguest » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:27 pm

Very good Ideas, I like alot. Personally I say make the limit = to 32K or whatever the coding limit is, if someone pays that much, they should be able to stor that much, IMHO

Mythology
Player

Post by Mythology » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:10 pm

I agree with Redraven to a limit, but that is all. Personally, I feel that having storage space = to 100 should be sufficient (10k gold a month). That way it isn't possibly abusable. I have no idea how it could be at the moment, but I'm sure others more crafty than I at abusing and cheating altogether would have a better idea.
-Mythology, the Anonymous Anarchist