River of Blood

The place for suggestions more than one year old.
anonymous

River of Blood

Post by anonymous » Sun May 21, 2006 3:38 pm

I'd like to see a few changes made to the river not to make it too easy but at least fix it to where a 2nd classer could run it without having to stop and risk getting pk'ed because they need to refresh. Maybe add in a room about halfway that's not pk at all. Also, I'd like to see the killer lightning bolts go away too because it sucks trying to take a shortcut and end up being cpk'ed by a bolt. Although 2nd class eq is easy to replace, when one reaches 4th some of that eq isn't as easy. Especially the eq that's a one time thing only from the quest in Reza.

Ardghal
Player

Re: River of Blood

Post by Ardghal » Mon May 22, 2006 11:20 pm

I agree. Either remove the lightning bolts, make them just echoes, or tone down the damage they do.

Also perhaps a small oasis hidden somewhere along the way would be nice. Nothing big. But that'd probably be weird in that setting, so maybe not.
Inconceivable!

jonastio
Player

Post by jonastio » Mon May 29, 2006 11:31 pm

I dunno, I think souling is supposed to be mega-dangerous.

Ardghal
Player

Post by Ardghal » Wed May 31, 2006 7:25 am

jonastio wrote: I dunno, I think souling is supposed to be mega-dangerous.
Well yeah, but suddenly getting CPK'ed by a random bolt of lightning while running like crazy is a bit harsh.
Inconceivable!

jonastio
Player

Post by jonastio » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:18 pm

Ardghal wrote: Well yeah, but suddenly getting CPK'ed by a random bolt of lightning while running like crazy is a bit harsh.
Don't straaaayyyy frooooommmm theeeee paaaaaaaaaaaaaath.... *hauntingly*
:lol:

-Gza-

Post by -Gza- » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:04 am

Too bad you can still get hit with a lightning bolt on the path so it is not like the path is that safe

jonastio
Player

Post by jonastio » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:55 am

Right, but if you read what he posted, he made mention to CPK, not PK. At least if you get hit on the path, all you lose is gold. And time. Not all your EQ.

Senna
Player

Post by Senna » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:46 pm

I can agree with the statement that running out of movement while running through the Abyss is a little irritating. However stay on the path and -if- you die, at least the consequences are more minor.

I also agree that the lightning bolts do a fair bit too much damage. I know I haven't played in a bit, but myself running through there and getting hit still takes off a fair bit of health. Then having to worry about someone waiting at the portal/gateway into PoA to fire cloud/wither/intimidate me into cpk was just nerve wracking. Though, if you set up a path for it, generally people can't target you fast enough to even come close to attacking you. (Unless they are running a trigger.)

-Maybe- a possible idea to enhance certain stats people are wanting between each class would be to change up enchanting. Instead of enhancing all stats on a given item, maybe you can choose. [ enchant armor <item> movement ] It would also allow for a little bit more specialization between characters, and allow a reason for people to actually have multiple sets of armor.

+|+ Senna +|+

Ardghal
Player

Post by Ardghal » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:47 pm

Thing is you could still get nuked by lightning :( I realize it's supposed to be risky and all but maybe that's a bit much. We should be able to have a fair chance without feeling the need to use paths or any client-enhanced things, ya know?
Inconceivable!

Mythology
Player

Post by Mythology » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:11 am

People using triggers against paths doesn't work. Unless you're on a 28.8kbps modem and they're on a T1, they won't hit you with a trigger. Typically, the person is spamming *kill senna* for example. Secondly, PoA is supposed to be dangerous. I haven't been hit by lightning bolt damage, so I don't know if it's too much. However, toning the damage down to 1/2 in NPK areas would probably work well. Thirdly, I think that in the PoA, levels 3 and 4 should be npk, 5 should be cpk. If you want the better XP, you should take a risk (nobody levels in lvl 5, and if you do, i'm sorry).
-Mythology, the Anonymous Anarchist

Senna
Player

Post by Senna » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:49 pm

Nice example...

+|+ Senna +|+

Mythology
Player

Post by Mythology » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:13 pm

Not my fault you were the one who mentioned people using triggers :P Back in the day, I remember trying to use them for that purpose and they didn't work at all. So, I decided to spam kill target instead, and that worked just fine. Albeit, I typically forgot to remove weapons until i was able to get them to flee into CPK so I was only able to get a PK, it was still effective.
-Mythology, the Anonymous Anarchist